Our engineering team provides the support required for preliminary planning, designing, permitting through to as-built documentation as well as project management for our customer’s projects. Our in-house, multi-discipline capability combined with decades of experience provides an efficient process for customers who place a premium on accuracy and productivity.
By partnering engineering with our construction and splicing resources, we have the capabilities to offer a true turn-key fiber optic solution.
Engineering support services allows a client to realize a greater ROI on building network facilities. MCG provides the following support services:
- MCG provides a feasibility study to support a business case. The study is based upon field observations, record research and years of experience. This study will give a proposal cost for the project based on our knowledge and experience. The study is based on the client’s scope of work or requirements.
- MCG will design the route in the most economical fashion while keeping to industry standards and the customer’s needs both immediate and future.
MCG is a leader in the design and implementation of fiber networks for various telecommunication companies, public utilities, governmental entities and private entities. We offer the following:
- Fiber Optic Communications System Design
- Outside Plant (OSP) Design (via GPS with sub ½ meter accuracy)
- Inside Plant (ISP) Design. BICSI certified.
- Infrastructure Design
- Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Records Maintenance
- Right-of-Way (ROW) Survey; Permitting and Licensing Information
We can provide ongoing documentation to monitor progress, compliance with design criteria and current as-built records. We monitor and evaluate progress, quality and compliance with contractual standards/specifications. We respond to job and design modifications.
MCG engineers assemble proposals for the design, construction, operation and/or maintenance of a network. We can provide the specifications insuring that best value solutions are developed to address design, construction, acceptance, testing and maintenance standards.
After customer approves the design, the MCG team will submit, monitor and manage all necessary permits and applications with various utilities and entities.
- State, County, and Municipality
- CSX, Norfolk Southern & Conrail
- Army Corp of Engineers
- Private Land Owners
MCG provides skilled engineers with experience in the management of engineering and construction projects from modest to multi-million dollar endeavors.
An MCG Project Manager can:
- Review preliminary drawings for engineering and constructability
- Handle negotiations and coordination
- Develop and review work plans, schedules, contract changes, manpower allocations and all project deliverables
- Work to develop quality assurance standards and procedures for the project and institute corrective action and follow-up
- Work with the client for the approval of any labor, materials or subcontracted charges to the project
- Ensure timely completion of all aspects of the project
Computer Aided Design
- MCG uses industry standard platforms such as AutoCAD and/or Micro Station
- Our GPS capability allows for precise design and location information to be developed and recorded, insuring exact data to result
- Building on our expertise in utility engineering MCG has expanded our services to include Digital Mapping
- As-Builts (including Long and Lat for future facility identification)